2.18.2009

Wintry Wednesday

Our day started out with snow but has unfortunately turned to rain. :-( It was pretty early this morning as it fell silently on the community making a thin blanket of white wonder. Now it is melted and we have a damp ground with overcast skies.
I hope everyone had a fabulous Valentine's Day. It's always nice when it falls on weekend. I shared it with Simon and the kids. Some may think it's not so romantic but Simon and I had a few days away in Mexico sans kids. We did a family night which was not as successful as we had planned trying to get a movie to watch but the kids were busy on the Wii while Simon and I tried frantically to get a movie downloaded and ripped before midnight. We failed to get it on the big screen so Simon and I snuggled together to watch via the laptop. :-) Also watched some Star-ving episodes. We were cracking up. I think Simon might be hooked. It's not appropriate for younger audience so be forewarned if you check it out. It pushes the envelopes and shreds it as they say.
:-)
Now it is already Wednesday! A few things to share today.
First new sketch for 2S4Y this week. I used a Shortcutz clear card for the base and some new papers my wonderful friend Pam sent me by SEI! She sent me this great SEI Lovebirds kit packed with glittered and lace papers, die cuts, ribbons, and more. Thank you Pam! On this card I used the Lovebirds paper, Making Memories ribbon, Hot Hues scallop bird image, not sure about the rub on-s, and Kaiser Craft rhinestones.

This next card is for Card Patterns.

I used Making Memories Love Notes paper, Melissa Frances chipboard heart, Karen Foster rub-on,red rhinestones, and a gold key charm.
The last card I want to share is for CPS new sketch. There are so many creative ideas for this sketch by the fabulous DT. I had to try it once viewing their work. check out the other cards made by participants when you visit. Incredible examples.

Close up:

Mine uses Making Memories (I know, again?) Sabrina and Love Notes lines. I used a transparency on top to show the pattern of the gorgeous Love Notes floral paper, American Crafts rub-on's, Darice rhinestones, Jo-Ann's ribbon, and Making Memories flowers and brads.
Thank you for coming by. I always appreciate visits and if you have read thus far, even better. I know it's a long post. Wishing you a glorious Wednesday! Thank you!

22 comments:

arlsmom aka Lynda

Beautiful cards Amy!!

~dawne

Gorgeous cards you have here!! I love them all.

Unknown

Wow! Your cards are all so beautiful! I can't even decide which one I love most!

Ivanka

Thanks for popping by to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it. Love all your takes on the sketches. Esp. where you used the MM paper. I've yet to use mine and I just love what you've done with it.

Unknown

Wow Amy the cards are lovely. I am such a fan of the clear cards and you really rocked this one. Thanks so much for playing
Hugs
Kazan

Dawn♥

Beautiful set of cards. Lovely take on the sketch. Love the distressing on the other. LOVELY job on them all! ♥

Anonymous

Beautiful cards !!! I love the one for 2S4Y !! Great colors !!

Jennifer

Love the cards Amy!! They are beautiful as always!! And as far as the snow....well it is still falling here. I am beyond the beauty of it by now but you are welcome to come and visit anytime!!

Card Patterns

Oh Amy your cards are wonderful and I love them all! Appreciate you playing with us once again. Can't wait to see more of your creations on our next sketch!
Michelle

Maggi

That Spring card is so beautiful!

Katie

I just love your work Amy! Beautiful cards :)

Hugs,
Katie

Jessica Rodarte

You make the most intricately gorgeous cards!! Stunning! :D I came by to tell you that I am enjoying the charm you made for Trish's charm swap. Thank you!! Hugs.

mysteryhistorymom

You make such lovely things!! I am taking part in Emilie's St. Patrick's Day Swap. Yippee! I get to send a package to you, Sweetie! PLease e-mail me your address and I will get started.... Lori

toosillysisters@cox.net

Savitri

Your cards are all gorgeous!!! You did a great great job with all the challenges!

Ewonne

Your cards are absolutely amazing !!!!

Lulu

Your cards are so beautiful! Love the clear base on the first one though:) Super cute!

Anonymous

These are all simply `stunning` Amy... TFS...
Have a lovely Tuesday:)~X~

bethchien

Jumped over here from Vintage Plum. You make the most beautiful cards! Yowsa! ;P
B

Anonymous

Gorgeous cards here girl, wowwwweee!!
Thanks for stopping by my neck of the woods too ;)

Kim

hi Amy! I hopped over to your blog from Vintage Plum! Your cards are amazing!

Jessica Wilson

I also found you on Vintage Plum! Seriously, your cards are amazing! I needed that inspiration. I will be visiting frequently:)

Anonymous
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy