4.07.2009

If I had my way...

I would create all day long. Alas, not to be. So, in between I am doing what I can and today was a super day! I was diligently working on several challenges and managed to complete quite a few. Granted I am double dipping on them but, I think most agree it's okay to when there are so many incredible challenges and only so much time. It seems to be common amongst card makers to make one card that follows a sketch from one site and a supply list from another site. I really like doing this because it requires me to put my thinking cap on and lately I have been using older papers and embellies which is always good!
So without further adieu, here's the first card.

It's an Easter egg shaped card for the Paper Popsicles site. I incorporated supplies from Lori's Use It's challenge which are: Use a die cut (DCWV polka dot flower), old patterned paper (Basic Grey and I have no clue how old this is but it's been in my stash a long time), an item you bought on clearance (Martha Stewart ribbon was a score from clearance bin at Mike's), use an older technique on your card (distressed with a darker ink which was popular way back when and also used a nail file to sand edges). Sorry the photo is so light.



My next card is based on Lucy's sketch for April at My Sketch World
which I was immediately excited to try! She has awesome sketches. Again, I used another challenge, Sketches by Tamara recipe #43 which is: stitching, brads, and cut out flowers.

Sometimes I can't stop myself from completing an inside so....


Supplies used: Making Memories paper, Pink Paislee alpha stickers, Martha Stewart ribbon, various brads, Stickles, DMC floss, Archival Ink, Dress It Up button, and Studio G stamps.


I'll be back tomorrow with more cards. Thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate all the kind comments left last week.

10 comments:

arlsmom aka Lynda

Super cute cards Amy!!!

~amy~

ahhhh....to be creative all the time...all day...any day...wouldn't that be the life? I love all your projects...fabulous stuff!!

ScrappeeDiane

Awesome cards, I love your large egg. It is fun to go back in the stash and get creative. I have been doing that myself. I could probably scrapbook for the next 3 years and not need to buy anything but adhesive. LOL

Laurel

Fabulous cards! I love the egg one for the Use it challenge!

Martha

Love your cards, the colours are beautiful!!! Great papers :)
~Martha~

Unknown

GORGEOUS cards Amy!!! Love the look of the finished inside of the card too! Your Easter egg shaped card is just darling, L♥VE it to bits!! Thanks for playing along with this week's Use It! challenge!!
hugs!!
~rae

Tamaroo

These are all just awesome!

Tonya

Hello! I love that first egg card...adorable! I think because of the soft orange color and all the little things you added to it. The second card is beautiful! I love stitching on crafts! You did a great job. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

Mindy Gibson

I am loving the Easter cards! Your work totally rocks!

Ann

Wowzers! These are gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy