9.22.2010

Last day of Summer! Bring on Fall!

It's me again!  Back with a fall card but used some "unique" colors.  Instead of the traditional orange,  yellow, and brown colors, I opted to try .....
I told you they weren't traditional.    I really like this Crate paper and it was sitting on my desk beckoning me to use it.   
My card started out for Crafty Creations challenge which is "falling leaves".  The lovely Jaime is sponsoring this week and you could win this stamp set.  The design team has incredible samples to share so be sure to visit here and view them.
This card is based on  Card Patterns sketch #82.  I know I always say how much I love the sketches there and  I really do! 
I found this frame and leaf digi stamp from Tiffany Doodles last week.   I printed it on two different papers and then carefully cut the frame out.  I liked the exposed polka dot paper under the frame so I popped the frame up with foam dots to give a little depth.  I did the same with the leaf.  I added a piece of lace and ruffle ribbon and then stamped the sentiment on the scallop piece.  I inked the entire card with a red chalk ink to highlight. 
I am entering this into the Stamp Something challenge which is for digis.  Anything digi
applies, paper, stamps, etc. 
I am behind on dinner and DD wants chicken noodle soup.  It's in the 90's but she likes her soup.  I promised I would make her it homemade for  tonight so off to complete. 

16 comments:

Tiffany

Oh Amy! THis is LOVELY!! HOw creative! What a happy card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Tiffany

PS. you must add this to the Tiffany Doodles Flickr Gallery so everyone can see it!! =)

Heather Rogers

So cute Amy. I love that it is non traditional fall colors. Love the lace and ribbon trim. I am glad you could play along this week. :)

Kay

Yay, Fall is here! It's my favorite season! These nontraditional colors are beautiful together and I really like the kraft card base. The frame around the leaf is a very striking focal point. Happy Fall and enjoy the chicken noodle soup! :) ♥♥ Kay

yyam

This is such a happy card! :) I really love the bright cheery colors Amy! :)

Tracey Feeger

This is a super cute card. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
mwah
Trace

Saskia

Beautiful card!!!!

Saskia :)

Stella

Great color scheme; I love the red ruffled ribbon. Gorgeous card!

Claire Phillips

Great card Amy - super mix of elements! Cheers Claire x

Basslady

a very charming interpretation of the theme!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Allison Rankin

So pretty...love the color choices and the mix of all those textures!

Gunvor

What a loveky card! Great mix of elements and colour <3

Anonymous

Your card is `beautiful` Amy love the frame and ribbon!!!TFI
Havea great week:)
Love your new blog look!!!!!:) xxx

Kelly

So pretty! I love the colors even if they are "non" traditional! The paper is awesome!

Deirdre

Wow, great card.

Thanks so much for playing along with Tiffany Doodles this month.

donna mikasa

Love all the texture on your card! I really like how you used Tiffany's frame, too! Thanks for joining us at Tiffany Doodles!

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy