12.01.2010

Season's Greetings

Happy Wednesday!  Or should I say Happy 1st day of December!  Are you ready for Christmas?  I'm not!  I will admit it gleefully.  Okay maybe not so happily because I do have tons to do before it arrives.  I promised DD that I would set the tree up and she could decorate it this weekend.  I just couldn't muster the energy last weekend.  Instead, I procrastinate by spending time designing cards and altered items.  In my mind, I have been on Christmas for months now.  I am trying to remember the reason for the season so to speak and focus on family.
This is a gift card I made for a Not So Secret Santa swap I am in.  My partner loves vintage and I knew the Melissa Frances papers would be perfect.  I used craft cardstock as my base and then piled on some MF goodies.  Of course I needed some shimmer!  The blue star is AC cardstock.  I put a ribbon of Martha Stewart glitter around the journal tag and then cut down a MF ticket sentiment for the center. 
Here is the inside of the card laying flat:

I made a pocket which you kinda see better in this picture but it's turned on it's side so be forewarned.

My card is for the following challenges:
C.R.A.F.T.: "Christmas Presents"
Card Patterns: #92 "Sketch"
City Crafter:#33 "Blue Christmas"
Crafty Creations: #96 "Gift Card Holder"
Paper Play: #47 "Stars"
Pollycraft: "Chipboard" Journaling tag
Tuesday Throwdown: "Embellish"


21 comments:

Unknown

Oooooo, that's so awesome!!!! That star looks like it is from the glittery blue cardstock! That makes me very HAPPY! LOL!

Merry Christmas!

hugz, Pam

Courtney

Oh, I love this Amy!! Your cards are all so great! I wanted to Welcome you again to the team at Penny's. And also, let you know that I have left you a little something on my blog. You can find it here http://atouchofpink-courtney.blogspot.com/2010/11/wow-has-it-really-been-that-long.html

Courtney~

Pat (mspfd)

This is awesome! Love the wonderful mix of colors and papers. Your design and embellishments are fabulous. Love the vintage look!

Kirsty Vittetoe

So pretty, love those bells on the glittered star, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Alice

this is so pretty. love the mix of patterns and the design is fab! superb card!

Ros

Love love Love this! ... fabulous vintage card ... like you I am way behind with Christmas ... Thanks for playing along at CCCB

McCrafty's Cards

Gorgeous vintage look card Thank you for joining in with us this week at C.R.A.F.T Challenge
Kevin xx

~amy~

gorgeous...love it to pieces...

Joey

WOW WOW WOW I absolutely love this creation, beautifully made and gorgeous colour, thanks for sharing with us at pollycraft
Joey.xx

sharon

Great card and pressie, I love it. Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x

Viola Mahr

Your cards are so pretty! I love your simple and shabby style; I do shabby too, but maybe too much :) Thank you for sharing, i'm so glad I visited today!

hugs,
Vio

cnelson

love, love, LOVE this! That star is fantabulous!

craftyb

I'm also a fan of vintage and this is just gorgeous Amy! Love the colour mix and the fab accents on the front! bx

Stella

This is stunning!Romantic, nostalgic, vintage, chic and elegant. I love the pearl brad and that glittered star.... I am in love :)

The Crafty Goat Girl

Hi Amy, wow this is beautiful, love the colours and all of the glitter. Looking forward to working with you this month, hugs Heidi x

Davi

Amy beautiful job on this. Love the vintage look and that glitzy star. Im sure your swap partner will LOVE it!! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at TT this week. ;)

Claire Phillips

What a fabulous gift card holder Amy - I love the vintage feel to it! Cheers Claire x

Emma

Such a fabulous card holder and so beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Jan Hennings

WOW! I love everything about this :)

shelly

i adore the paper you used on this amy. great job :)

Unknown

This is such a wonderful card. love that vintage feel it has.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy