3.27.2011

Snow and butterflies! Oh my!

Awoke today to snow.  Boo hiss!  Not a huge fan of the white stuff when it's supposed to be Spring.  Good news though...it's gone!  Melted already!  Yeah!  Which means I don't have to shovel or scrape.  Wahoo!

It's Sunday so that means it's time for another Sentimental Sundays challenge.  Theme this week is "cute and cuddly".  Our sponsor is  Heart Songs Designs.  Using their sketch and a digi image, I created a "cute and cuddly" card to share with a friend. See below about that friend. 

I used some scrap papers that I couldn't bear to throw out.  Ughh!  Why did I even attempt to make a pun this day?  It's just bad.  Sorry.  Anyhow, it's the butterfly bear image printed on some flocked paper from GCD Studios.  I colored in the butterfly and added a rhinestone to give a special detail. 
If you made it this far into reading, I would like to send this card to a grateful reader.  So if you would like the chance to own this card, please leave me a comment with the words, "Pick me!" I will choose a random winner next Sunday!  Thanks for being so patient with me!  :-)

Challenges I would like to enter my card into:
Totally Gorjuss: #73 Spring
Paper Cutz:#84  Use 3 pattern papers
Totally Papercrafts: #59 Cute and Cuddly
Southern Girls: Add an Animal

Supplies used:
cardbase: Jo-Ann's yellow textured card
pattern paper: My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary and GCD Studios Melody Ross
digi image: Heart Song Designs butterfly bear
stamps: Stampendous Notes for a Friend
ink: Hero Arts black
ribbon: craft
rhinestone: ZVA
punch: EK Success

Have a blessed Sunday!

25 comments:

Leah

Oh my goodness! Your card is so cute:) I love Butterfly Bear printed onto the flocked paper! Thanks for joining us at Heart Song inspirations:)

Peggy T.

I love your card. The bear is adorable printed on flocked paper. The card I did for the challenge has Theodore and Flower printed on plaid paper. Thank you for joining us at Heart Song Inspirations Sketch Challenge.

Miss Molly

I love how you turned the image!!!
Thanks for joining us at Sketches with Heart!
Molly - DT Member

Heather Rogers

This is so sweet. Love the cuddly bear. I NEVER throw away my scraps. I keep them all in a basket. I tend to use them first anyway. :)
Hugs~

Kimberly S

Super cute card Amy! Love the sweet image, and the paper you used for your bear is fabulous! :)

Stephanie

Very nice card, love the teddy.. Thanks for playing along at Heart Song Designs.

Stampvanwinkle

Amy, love your little bear. Great work. Thanks for playing along with us.

Hugs,
Deb DT Member

Flutterby Trina

I love what you have done with the bear, He looks so cute! Thanks for playing with us at Sketches with a Heart! Good Luck

x

cnelson

Oh my goodness...this is just the cutest and sweetest EVER!! LOVE it!

whoistracy

Well this is definitely cute & cuddly. Sooo adorable!

Cheryl

Oh this is so cute! I love the paper piecing!

**Farrah**

Great card!!
I'm a fan of your work - don't know why I didn't follow your blog sooner!!
Farrah

SYLVIA-ANNE

A fabulous card Amy - the paper piecing is perfect for Teddy, and I love the lush background colours. Thanks so much for popping by today - wishing you a happy week, hugs, Sylvia x

Alyna

Awww this is so cute. really liked ur coloring and image. and em relieved to hear that em not the only one to hold on to my scrap materials :), there are others like me too.
hugs
Alyna

Stressed Stamper

Fab - loving the bear
Thanks for joining in at TPC this week - Good Luck
Sarah

Janice

Beautiful card Miss Amy!

Brandi

Awww! Amy this is so cute!

ChelleStamps

Wow, lovely card! I am so loving the paper pieced Butterfly Bear!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Heart Song Designs Inspiration blog!

Claire Phillips

How gorgeous is he! I love the texture on your teddy - lovely! Cheers Claire x

Kristie W.

This is SOOO awesome! I love your patterned/textured bear :) Thanks for playing along with PaperCutz!

Anne Marie Hile

Absolutely adorable! I love the paper piecing on the bear and hooray for using up scraps! Hee hee, I love punny posts...you cracked me up with that! Adorable all around! :)

Shirl

I adore looking at your cards and this one is amazing, the image is just tooo curte. I definitely would love to own it so ....."Pick Me" .....
Hugs Shirley x x

Tameko

Beautiful, I love the texture and dimension.

Julie

Great use of texture! Glad you chose to share it with the Southern Girls,Have a great weekend,Julie.x

Lauren

This is adorable! I love the paper piecing on the bear! Thanks for joining us at Sketches with Heart for Heart Song Designs!

Lauren

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy