9.28.2011

Birthday Time

Hey there!  We had a large storm this morning but the sun wants to pop out.  It was thundering. lightening, and raining at 6:30 AM which does not happen so much.  I say this because the kids catch their bus at that time so I did not want them standing outside in the lightening.  They were huddled in the covered patio trying to avoid the rain and lightening.  I tried to convince them to come inside because we could see and hear the bus when it got close but teenagers are sure they have it under control and  after my plea's of worry the bus pulled up and they ran off to catch it 200 feet away.  I seriously don't remember ever having to worry about the lightening during a storm while waiting for the bus.  I guess I did at some point but it escapes me now. 
Anyhow, I am here to post my card for Crafty Creations today and so tickled to say that Elizabeth Mae is our sponsor!  Yeah! 

My niece is getting ready to have a birthday and I made this card for her.  I hope she likes it.  Super simple and very classy.  I used some My Mind's Eye script paper and punched a scallop top.  I attached it to a Papertrey Ink bottom with rounded corners.  The velvet ribbon and lace were added to hide where they met.  The dress form was colored with Copics and a Stickles Platinum added to the spots.  I used a Jo-Ann's rub-on with tiny rhinestones. 

Challenges  I would to enter my card in:
Everybody-Art -Challenge: Pink and Brown
Going Grey with Scrap-Creations: It's a Girl Thing
Jen's Digi Stamps: Let's Hear It For The Girl's
Paper and Such:  3 items from recipe (designer paper, ribbon, and lace)
Party Time Tuesday's: #35 Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday: #53 2 or More


Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

cnelson

Perfectly LOVELY! Your niece is going to LOVE it!

Marjan

Love your card, the colours, the lace, the dress. Well... shall I say everything about it??

marilynprestonn

Hi there...could have sworn I was here before...anywho, here I am to say wow on your card as part of The party time tuesdays challenge DT member...funny, but still your card is awesome Amy. xo

Rebekah

beautiful..love all the elements combined..the large scallop border is to die for.

Elaine Stark

Beautiful card. love the lace and ribbon trim. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Caroljenks

This is beautiful - I love your lace!

Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week for our '2 or more Ribbons' Challenge. Don't forget if you have a Top Tip to share with us you could win another prize! Just add (TIP) after your name when you link :)

Carol x

Davi

Amy this is a beautiful card!! I love the image and the pretty heart lace with it! Im sure your niece will love it:)

Crafty and Green

Fantastic Card!! Thanks for playing with us over at Jens Digi Stamps!

Julie

So very pretty Amy - love the newsprint!! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper and Such this week, we are happy to have you!

Sylvia

Fabulous card, Amy! Such a great birthday card for your niece! Does it look like your new dress? Have a wonderful day!

MindyYoung

Very cute! I absolutely love that lace!

Anonymous

fabby card love this velvet ribbon and your lace is awesome! Thanks 4 joining us this week @ Top Tip Tuesday for our 2 Or More, Ribbon, Twine, Lace, Fabric Challenge, Don't forget you can enter up to 3 times, I hope you can come and play again soon, Hugs Samantha

LaJanette

Such a cute card! Those ribbon details just make the card extra special. I am loving the classy feel of it all:0) I am sure she will love it!

Thanks for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday this week:0)

Hugs;
Janette

Jackie Randolph

Beautiful!! Love your layout with your print and lace. Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations

JenMarie

Oh how cute, love the dress! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper and Such!

Shawnee

Very cute! I love your paper choice. Thanks for playing with us at Jens Digi Stamps Challenge.

Blessings,
Shawnee

pgslot

12 pgslot People who like to play online slots In addition to playing money and winning prizes Playing slots is a good money gamble. sexybacarat

Zugurwan

Dahlia is a white auspicious flower. Popularly used in weddings to help enhance the love of the newlyweds to grow steadily. Beautiful, like a love flower that grows and is strong pgslot

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to leave me a message. It is greatly appreciated! ♥ Amy